- YOU ARE IN
- Giving Something Back
Giving Something Back
CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) are three little letters that cover a very big concept.
At Pagan Osborne we know all the buzz words like “stakeholder involvement”, “environmental responsibility” and “strategic direction” but we like to think about it and refer to it as Giving Something Back. We have a range of benefits and procedures in place to make our workplace a better place for our staff, and policies that reflect our concern for the environment.
For us, Giving Something Back is all about people, both within Pagan Osborne and the wider community. Our inhouse 'Make a Difference' teams across our various offices comprise members of staff who take their duties responsibly but with a sense of fun. For them the true meaning is the benefit a kids’ football team will get from a new team strip or the fun to be had helping plant trees as part of a conservation project.
CSR is all about having an active role in the various communities that Pagan Osborne has been privileged and proud to act for for over 250 years. Our staff take pride in making CSR a core part of the activities of the company. As an organisation which holds a prestigious 1 Star Company status from the Best Companies Survey 2010 we recognise that our involvement and support in our local communities helped us achieve this accolade.
In April 2012 we nominated Children’s Hospice Association Scotland (CHAS) as our Company Charity. CHAS is a charity that provides the only hospice services in Scotland for children and young people who have life-shortening conditions for which there is no known cure. CHAS runs two children’s hospices, Rachel House in Kinross and Robin House in Balloch, and a home care service called CHAS at Home. Pagan Osborne selected CHAS as our Company charity last year and our main fundraising is done for CHAS. Everyday it costs over £22,000 to run CHAS care services and they receive most of their money from donations and fundraising.
So far Pagan Osborne staff have helped raise £2884.56 for CHAS through internal fundraising, bag packing and bucket shaking, to name but a few activities.
This year CHAS celebrates its 21st birthday and to help celebrate, and further support CHAS, we entered 16 of our staff in CHAS’s first sporting event in the summer “Beat the Borders”. This event saw the teams cycle 40 miles and hike 18 miles around towns and beautiful country side in the south of Scotland on 31 August. It was a gruelling challenge but it paid off as we made over £5000 for CHAS...so most definitely worth all the blisters and injuries!!!
Click on any button below to find out a little more about how we have been working on Giving Something Back and 'Making a Difference'.
- Related Documents
- Q1 Being resourceful in the office (environment)
- Our water dispensers are sourced from Aqua Aid which supplies clean water to developing countries such as Africa with profits raised
- All our offices have paper, cardboard, glass and plastic recycle bins for all staff to use
- Where possible all our marketing collateral is printed on 100% recycled paper
- We use recycled products where possible i.e toilet paper
- Q2 Fundraising, supporting and volunteering (in our local communities)
- All staff are entitled to one day off annually to use for 'Giving Something Back' - anything from charity work to volunteering
- For every client feedback questionnaire we receive back we donate £1 to our company charity - currently CHAS (Children's Hospice Association Scotland)
- 2010 was Pagan Osborne’s fourth year running supporting the Big Tent Festival in Fife
- Our 'Make a Difference' groups have representatives in each office constantly looking for local charities to support, volunteering days to help out with or just fun ideas that all staff can get involved with in the office to raise money for our company charity
- Individuals are also encouraged to do fundraising initatives in their spare time, from Iron Man competitions to Pedal for Scotland to Golf Charity days
- Q3 The services we offer and our reputation with our clients and others (marketplace)
- Recent introduction of our lateryears service aimed at bringing piece of mind to our clients and their families later in life
- Introduction of a free 360 Lifestage Review to ensure all clients receive information on particular services we offer to meet their individual needs at their stage in life
- We have received recognition from Investors in People for ten years of excellence
- We win awards!! Click here to see our Awards and Accreditation page Awards include Firm of the Year at the 2009 Legal Awards
- Tempo – Our biannual award winning client magazine is produced with the client front of mind and receives great feedback
- Q4 How we treat our staff (workplace)
- Staff benefits package (cycle to work scheme, dental plan, childcare vouchers etc)
- Make a Difference (MAD) Groups in each office taking action to keep all staff happy and healthy. Our MAD initatives include fresh fish and fruit deliveries, stress busting learning sessions and optional lunchtime massage therapy to name but a few
- We were awarded 1 star company status in the Best Companies Survey 2010 (the only legal, financial and property company in our sector in Scotland to achieve this accolade). This survey is completed by our staff
- Annual Internal Excellence Awards - striving for excellence in a number of set categories enjoyed over lunch where all staff are invited to get together and celebrate the success of fellow colleagues
- Centre of Excellence - a internal programme to help develop staff personally and professionally