- YOU ARE IN
- Agricultural Law Advisory Service
Agricultural Law Advisory Service
What do you do when your client brings you a matter which is outside your usual area of practice?
Your client trusts you and wants you to act but doesn’t recognise how difficult it is to cover all areas of law or the professional indemnity risks involved. You don’t want to let them down or lose the business.
Should you take it on?
What are the risks?
Should you suggest that your client looks elsewhere for advice?
If so, where? And will they come back?
We can help.
Pagan Osborne offers assistance to Scottish law firms requiring access to specialist advice through our Agricultural Law Advisory Service.
The agricultural and estates team at Pagan Osborne is headed up by Colin Clark, an accredited specialist in agricultural law, and is based in our offices in Edinburgh and Cupar.
How does the service work?
We will discuss with you at the outset how we could assist in any particular case.
There are various possibilities such as:
- Providing a second opinion
- Taking on the whole matter
- Providing advice on specific aspects while you continue to deal with the majority of the matter
- Advising “out of sight” while you continue to front the matter
It is for you to decide the level of our involvement in each case. We will agree feeing arrangements with you and how we will communicate with your client (if at all).
We will not undertake work for your clients which you would normally carry out for them or which is within your normal areas of practice.
We will not “poach” your clients. This service works because we build relationships with you and other firms who like to have our back up. We respect your relationships with your clients and will not disturb those.
What are the advantages to me and my client?
- You have immediate access to specialist advice and assistance
- You and your client are in control and set the rules
- You retain the principal contact with your clients, avoiding them seeking advice elsewhere
- Your clients are impressed that you have identified the need for and have access to specialist advice
- You introduce your clients to a firm that places real value on the client experience
- You reduce your exposure to professional indemnity claims
Who should I contact?
For more details about this scheme or to discuss a particular case please contact Colin Clark 01334 653777 on email@example.com
- Related Documents