- YOU ARE IN
- Legal Services
- Making a Will
Making a Will
As Will writing solicitors, we understand all too well what it means for those left behind if you were to die without an up to date Will in place.
The absence of a Will means your affairs will take much longer to settle – sometimes involving costly court proceedings – bringing even more worry and anxiety into the lives of your family at an already difficult time.
A well-written Will prepared by a specialist can help to ensure that:
- The person(s) of your choosing are named executors and carry out your wishes properly
- Your assets are distributed the way you wish
- Your partner or spouse receives the full entitlement you choose to bestow (they may not necessarily be guaranteed to inherit)
- Your family home is protected from future Care Home fees
- You avoid unnecessary taxation, maximising the estate you leave to your loved ones
- Legacies you wish to leave to charity are properly laid out
- Any dependents are looked after in the way you would want
- Wishes for your funeral or end of life care (otherwise known as a Living Will) are recorded
A legally drafted Will is the best way to protect your personal and business assets against avoidable tax liabilities, as well as providing the comfort of knowing that your wishes will be carried out after you’ve gone.
Get in touch today to find out more or to make an appointment.
You may also be interested in:
- Related Documents